Urological Associates of Southern Arizona now offers Xiaflex, an FDA-approved nonsurgical prescription treatment option for appropriate patients suffering with Peyronie’s Disease, which is an uncomfortable curvature of the penis. As Arizona’s leading provider in urological medicine, Xiaflex is just one of the treatments we offer to our patients that suffer from numerous urological problems.
What is Peyronie’s Disease
Peyronie’s disease is caused by a plaque under the skin that results in a bent, or curved, penis when erect. A Peyronie’s disease plaque may result from injury to the penis and/or genetic factors; sin embargo, the exact cause of Peyronie’s disease is unknown.
Peyronie’s disease is unlikely to go away on its own and may get worse over time. That’s why speaking to your HCP about it is so important. You can utilize treatments such as Xiaflex to treat the condition without invasive surgery and recovery time. If you live in the Tucson Area and have suffered these symptoms, please contact us today.
Peyronie’s Disease Facts
- Peyronie’s disease occurs in between 3% a 9% of men, so it is more common than most men believe.
- Adult males worldwide that are estimated to have Peyronie’s disease, but because of the embarrassment involved, many men may not ask their HCPs about it.
- While Peyronie’s disease occurs more often in men between 40 y 70 years old, it can occur at any adult age.
- Some patients with Peyronie’s disease may think that it’s erectile dysfunction; sin embargo, Peyronie’s disease is different.
- You are NOT ALONE. Urological Associates of Southern Arizona is here to help with detailed information and treatment options.
DR. KENNETH CHOI
Dr. Kenneth Choi came to Tucson in 1986, from Flagstaff to attend the University of Arizona undergraduate program, and received his medical degree in 1994. Dr. Choi’s focus in the practice is microscopic surgery, pediatric urology, erectile dysfunction, penile prosthesis placement and incontinence surgery. He is one of the most experienced urologists in Arizona with implantation of genitourinary prosthetic devices.
DR. TERENCE FAVAZZA
Dr. Terence Favazza está certificado con la Junta Americana de Urología, y se unió a los Asociados en Urología 2004. Dr. Favazza es miembro de la Asociación Americana de Urología, el Colegio Americano de Cirujanos, la Asociación Americana de Urología Clínica y la Sociedad Americana Paraplejia. Ha dado varias presentaciones incluyendo temas urológicos relacionados con lesiones de la médula espinal y paraplejia.
What to tell your HCP about your symptoms
While erectile curvature is the most visible symptom of Peyronie’s disease, it’s important to tell your HCP about all of your symptoms
When you meet with your HCP, be sure to discuss your erectile curvature and how Peyronie’s disease may bother you
Get Help Today
You don’t have to suffer the effects of Peyronie’s Disease any longer. Give us a call today to schedule a consultation with one of our physicians that can help you with your options.